CHICAGO, December 16, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Morningstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, today announced an estimate of U.S. mutual fund and exchange-traded fund (ETF) flows for November 2021. Long-term mutual funds and ETFs collected 81 billion dollars in November 2021, in accordance with that of October 84 billion dollars admission. Passively managed strategies ” 83 billion dollars inflows accounted for almost all of November’s inflows while active strategies saw outflows of $ 2 billion.
Morningstar’s U.S. Fund Flows Report for November 2021 is available here. Highlights of the report include:
- ETFs, the vast majority of which are passively managed, had a 78 billion dollars the contribution, while the open funds had about $ 3 billion influx. Taxable bond funds’ $ 26 billion admissions dominated all category groups, although their pace of admissions has slowed since the start of the year.
- Inflation-protected bond funds extended their record year with $ 8.3 billion entries in November.
- US equity funds had $ 19.5 billion collection in November driven by demand for passively managed offers.
- After a good start to the year, international equity fundraising was lower than that of US equity funds for the second consecutive month. Their $ 16 billion The influx in November was also driven by flows to passive funds.
- Alternative funds have raised at least $ 2 billion each month in 2021, led by the options trading category $ 12.6 billion influx since the beginning of the year. Many funds in this category offer hedged exposure to equity markets, suggesting that investors may be looking for ways to mitigate their downside risk if the current bullish rally reverses.
- Interest in funds with environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives remained strong in November with $ 6.2 billion influx. Flows to funds with sustainability mandates embedded in their prospectuses, as measured by Morningstar, were positive in the seven US category groups offering such options.
- Vanguard has led fund families in November 2021 with $ 29.3 billion influx. Vanguard has raised more money for the year so far, $ 357 billion, than the combination of its three closest competitors: iShares, Fidelity and State Street, $ 353 billion.
The information contained in this document: (1) is the property of Morningstar and / or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not guaranteed to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses resulting from the use of this information. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
About Morningstar, Inc.
Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The Company offers a wide range of products and services to individual investors, financial advisers, asset managers and owners, pension providers and sponsors, and institutional investors in the debt and private equity markets. Morningstar provides data and research on a wide range of investment offerings, including managed investment products, publicly traded companies, private capital markets, debt securities and global time market data. real. Morningstar also provides investment management services through its investment advisory subsidiaries, with approximately $ 260 billion in assets under advice and management as of. September 30, 2021. The Company operates in 29 countries. For more information visit www.morningstar.com/business. Follow Morningstar on Twitter @MorningstarInc.
Morningstar’s Manager Research Group consists of various wholly owned subsidiaries of Morningstar, Inc., including, but not limited to Morningstar Research Services LLC. This press release is for informational purposes only; references to any securities or to a separately managed account investment strategy in this press release should not be construed as an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell the securities or to invest in accordance with that strategy.
Â© 2021 Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved.
Landon hudson, +1 312 696-6037 or [emailÂ protected]
SOURCE Morningstar, Inc.